Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Friday, April 15, 2016

Sedona Workshop 2016 Season Wrap-Up

Crabapples blooming at the Sedona Heritage Museum!

My final Paint Sedona workshop just finished up today.  It's always a bittersweet feeling on that last day—I'm ready to move on to new adventures, but not quite ready to stop sharing this amazing place with students.  This is especially true this year since we have stayed a little later than usual and spring is now in full stride.

Every workshop week includes a visit to my studio.

Painting out at Goldenstein Gallery.

I thought I'd share a few images from the season with you.  I teach in Sedona and the Verde Valley from late October until mid-April each winter, so you'll see a variety of weather as the season progresses.  If you'd like to join me next time, I already have my schedule up for the 2016/2017 Paint Sedona season, and you can register on-line, all at www.PaintSedona.com.

(If you'd like to see  some of my paintings from the year, please visit my Facebook Studio page.)

Painting water is always a popular subject.



Next in our life is the annual migration back to the East Coast.  This time, we'll be idling a few days in Santa Fe to visit the galleries, followed by a brief visit to Salida and Buena Vista, Colorado; then a couple of nights in Denver to visit Doug and Sue Dawson, who have become good friends over the years; followed by two workshops in Illinois and Indiana before we finally arrive on Campobello Island, New Brunswick, for the summer.

Painting rocks is also popular, too!



By the way, I still have room in my two Midwest workshops.  In Illinois, I'll be teaching for two days (May 6-7) in Batavia, just outside of Chicago, at Water Street Studios.  In Indiana, I'll be teaching for three days (May 9-11) at the Art Barn in Valparaiso.  I've taught in both of these locations before, and I promise there is some excellent scenery at both.  I hope you'll consider joining me at one or the other.

We also usually enjoy a trip to Jerome a few times in the season.

Saba enjoys Jerome, especially if there's a little snow left


Although we'll get to Campobello Island in mid-May, my workshops there won't start until the end of June.  They will run until the end of August.  This summer, I'll be teaching exclusively in Lubec, Maine.  So, if you are from the States and don't have a passport, you won't have to worry about a border crossing.  (I still recommend that students bring passports if they have them because Campobello is such a beautiful island to visit.)  Space is already starting to fill for these workshops, so if you are interested, please visit www.PaintCampobello.com or www.PleinAirPaintingMaine.com.

That's all for now.  My next blog post will most likely be from on the road!

#pleinairpaintingworkshops #pleinairpainting #sedona #campobelloisland #pace16 #pace2016