Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Little Grand Canyon Paintings


This week, I'm working on little Grand Canyon paintings.  I'm creating a series for the Grand Canyon Association, which will have them for sale at the Kolb Studio in February.  I did this a couple of years ago, and the paintings were very successful.  When I get them all done, I'll post them here.  In the meantime, you'll have to enjoy this photo of the five I've done to date:



Some of you are asking how does one take the magnificence of the Grand Canyon and squeeze it all into a 6x8 panel?  It's not easy!  The trick is to take a small piece of the Canyon and just suggest the magnificence in the background.

For these, I'm using Gamblin's FastMatte colors.  These dry quickly, even though I'm painting a little thicker with a knife, which will make sure I can get them varnished in time for delivery.

By the way, I still have room in my Paint Sedona workshops.  Visit www.PaintSedona.com for details.  So far, it's been a pleasantly warm winter!