Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Albert Handell Mentoring Workshop: Mid-Term Report

The Saturday before the workshop began, we scoped out painting locations.

As I write, I'm in the middle of a mentoring program for painters with Albert Handell.  He's in Sedona this week, and I'm serving as workshop coordinator.  Albert has us reporting at 8:30 each morning either to the studio or on-location, where we work until noon.  After a lunch break, we work until nearly sundown.  Then, each night at 6:30 we report back to the studio for a critique and career-building session.  Including breaks, it's an intense, 12-hour day - but filled with many good things.

Albert Handell working magic on my painting

Career-building in the evening

After the workshop ends Saturday afternoon, I'll write up a more detailed report, but this is all the time I can afford right now.  I've got to eat a quick breakfast and then head over to the studio to open it up for everyone.

But first, I'd like to remind you about my own Sedona plein air painting workshops, which run from now until April.  I'll share with you some of the things I learn from Albert!  For details, please visit www.PaintSedona.com.

Moonrise over Munds Mountain