Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Teaching a Workshop - Artists Network University

As some of you may know, I've been doing critiques through Artists Network University.  Not long ago, ANU decided to add a curriculum and invited me to teach a workshop.  The workshop development is now complete, and you can register online for my Getting Started in Plein Air workshop.  The workshop starts June 26th and runs four weeks.  Participation is limited to 20 students.

One might very well ask, "How can I learn plein air painting through an online workshop?"  Good question!  Well, you'll have a book download - my friend Bob Rohm's The Painterly Approach - as part of the course, plus a series of videos to watch.  Each week you'll have an assignment plus homework to do out in the field.  You'll upload your completed assignments through our Blackboard interface.  I'll critique your work, and you can ask me questions and get answers.  I've never done this before, but I think it'll be lots of fun!

If you're new to plein air, or would like to get into it but have been afraid to, this is the course for you.  I'll cover the fundamentals and lead you through my process for painting outdoors.  Please join us!