Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, August 14, 2011

St Andrews Plein Air Painting Workshop

I'm back from a week in lovely St Andrews-by-the-Sea, a little oceanfront resort town that's located in a quiet  nook of New Brunswick in the Canadian Maritimes.  The weather was typical of the Maritimes - sunny, warm days interspersed with a scattering of moody, wet times - but everyone had a great time and got some good paintings.  This was my sixth summer teaching for Sunbury Shores Arts & Nature Centre, and I'm looking forward to another week in 2012.

Below, I've included a couple of  the pastel demos I did; I'll post some of the oil demos later, once they dry a bit more.

I had a good turnout for my reception at Sunbury Shores.  Comments were very favorable for the new work I've been doing, especially the large pieces.  We even sold some work!  The show is up until September 7.  If you're in the area, please stop by:  www.sunburyshores.org.

Here are some photos from the week, plus the pastel demos.

St Andrews Waterfront 5x7 pastel

Belinda's Birch, 12x6 pastel

Dangers for children and plein air painters, too!

Painting in Centennial Park

One of my classroom illustrations on color temperature

Painting by the Bay

Below, Shots from the Gallery