Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Friday, July 2, 2010

Grab-n-Go Paintings

I thought I'd post the pastel demonstrations I did during this week's workshop. I'm a big believer in using one's scraps, and these were all done on bits and pieces of Wallis Sanded Pastel Paper that I've saved up. I love the Belgian Mist color because it's a mid-value warm grey. I don't do any underpainting or wash on these, but just dive right in with the pastel. It makes for a very direct way of painting - "grab-n-go," as it were. The nicest thing is this: If the painting doesn't turn out, hey, it was just a scrap!

I do like these, though. Let me know right away if you want any or all of them. Click on each image for a bigger view. E-mail me at mcj.painter_at_gmail.com.

"Rockweed Study" pastel, 2.5"x6"

"East Quoddy Head Panorama" pastel, 3.25"x11.5" - SOLD

"Raccoon Beach Panorama" pastel, 4.25"x11.5"

"Raccoon Beach Glimpse" pastel, 5"x7"