Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sedona Plein Air Festival Update

In my last newsletter, I mentioned that I've been invited for my fifth year to the Sedona Plein Air Festival. The Festival organizers just released the names of the artists who will be participating in 2010. This year, we'll have luminaries such as Gil Dellinger and Susan Ogilvie. For a full list, visit www.SedonaPleinAirFestival.com. I'm looking forward to meeting all the new artists.

One great painting spot is Slide Rock State Park. Believe it or not, I haven't actually painted there during the Festival! October is a busy month in Oak Creek Canyon because of the fall foliage, and Slide Rock is often hopping with tourists. I usually tend to go the road less travelled during the Festival unless we are asked to paint somewhere in particular, such as in Jerome or at the Sedona Historical Museum. However, I do get up there to paint during my workshops.

Here's a piece I did of the old apple barn at Slide Rock with Lost Wilson Mountain behind it. (Or is that Lost Wilson? If anyone knows better, let me know.) We are barely into spring here in Sedona, so you can tell from the trees that this painting isn't from this year!


"Slide Rock Spring" 9x12, oil - contact Michael